Yep, that’s right. I’m looking for people with whom to game. I’m playing in a Pathfinder campaign right now which is great, but I need something more. I’d like to run a monthly or biweekly medieval fantasy game using my own system. I’ve been running the campaign for about 25 years now, but I’m new in the area and looking for new players. Here’s what play with this system looks like:
- All players (oops. player characters!) should be human to start so they can get used to the system. Experienced role-players can make a case for being an exception.
- Faerie or undead characters can be taken after death of a human character, depending on how one dies. More on that when we’re playing.
- The mortal realm is relatively low magic compared to D&D type games.
- High magic is found in the realm of Faerie.
- Combat is bloody and bloody dangerous.
- Magicians can be exceptionally powerful characters (think of Elric), but it takes a while to get there.
- Most players take warriors with some thieving skills and magical skills.
- Lots of the monsters are unique.
- Technology is generally similar to that in the 1350s, but there are some magically powered steamships and the occasional ancient artifact.
- Characters should be ready to risk life and limb in a fight, but should think of ways around it if they can. There are lots of ways to die.
So, please contact me if you are interested and would like to chat further.