I started my first campaign in Navah in January of this year, and then quickly added a second group in February. I reported a bit on what’s been happening in March. Since then, there’s been some changes.
The morning crew is well into the Pit of Thiros campaign. They have successfully found and captured the Treasure of King Ertos and safely relocated it in another location. Unfortunately, along the way their tiny navigational bot Gui-D electrocuted Tika, the innkeeper’s son, and the party has been at odds with the locals ever since. It was a new record for the death of Tika (aka. “the Tick”); they actually killed him on the very first day arriving in the village. Now they are being hunted by the warriors of the Eagle’s Nest, whom the villagers recruited to avenge Tika. The party is leading their hunters into an ambush, complete with elaborate underground pit traps, with Gui-D acting as bait. Unfortunately, the party managed to pick a poor time for this ambush, and they are in for a bit of a shock.
The afternoon party has already completed the Pit of Thiros. Along the way, their sailor dropped out, and they added a caravan princess and her doughty northern warrior protector. They didn’t get all of the Treasure, but they got enough to equip themselves very well, and now they are ready to take on the next adventure. They’ve also been active for four years game time now, so there’s some secondary adventures they need to take care of as well.
Roll20 has been working great, with players from South Korea, Wales, France, and Mexico, along with the folks in the States. Both parties have been going very well. We had to drop one player because he didn’t have a quiet place to play from, and it was very distracting, but all of the players so far have been great. No major egos, no major problems, and some fun ideas and roleplaying. Couldn’t be better! It has also forced me to complete a number of my rule systems. The player’s handbook is done but keeps expanding, the skills system is done, and the magic system and magic items rules are working great. I finished the combat system, but lost some of the sense of fun along the way, so it is back to the shop for that one. There’s lots of mapping that still needs to take place of course, but my wife has upgraded the random city generator so that it accommodates for 8 cultures and 3 environments, and she also made the readouts easier to deal with by adding a single cell character description for every single inhabitant of the city. Life is good!